Dental hygiene treatment is delivered by a specially trained dental hygienist who will help to remove any hard-to-reach plaque from your teeth that may have built up over time. Here is what you can expect from a hygiene appointment:
- 1. Your teeth and gums will be assessed to determine the amount of plaque removal you will need and risk factors will be highlighted.
- 2. Your teeth will be professionally cleaned with special equipment and pastes. This process is also known as scaling and polishing.
- 3. The hygienist's role is to show you how to look after your teeth so that they remain free from plaque in the future. You will be advised on the best tooth brushing technique and given tips on flossing and using interdental brushes.
Dental hygiene at our practice also functions preventatively to treat gum disease and bad breath. If you have a bridge, denture, orthodontic treatment or a dental implant you will have specific hygiene needs that the hygienist will be able to assist you with.
It is recommended that you come in for regular hygiene appointments to ensure your mouth stays clean and healthy.
- Minimised risk of tooth loss.
- Reduced risk of developing tooth decay and need for fillings.
Refer a friend & receive 50% off your next hygiene appointment. New patient referrals only